Energy issues in California are complex and diverse. California is a world leader in clean energy production, renewable energy with the Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) and energy efficiency, all of which present unique opportunities for developers, utilities, and innovators. The California Strategies team has extensive experience and expertise in the gamut of energy sectors - renewables (solar, wind, geothermal, biomass), oil and gas, fuels, nuclear and cogeneration.
Our activity ranges from working with developers on new production facilities to developing strategies with the regulators and permitting agencies, including the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), the California Energy Commission (CEC) and the California Independent System Operator (CalISO). We have specialized understanding of utilities, both municipal and investor-owned, and the policy framework in which they operate.
California Strategies has a proven record of successful permitting and entitlement of energy production facilities. Our professionals have successfully negotiated power purchase agreements, interconnections, and transmission solutions for our clients, and also serve as a resource in assisting clients deploy new and innovative technologies.
California Strategies has extensive experience in the following energy related areas:
- Utilities (investor-owned and municipal)
- Renewables (solar, wind, geothermal, biomass)
- Oil and Gas
- Energy Efficiency
- Conversion Technologies
- Energy Commission Compliance
- Marketplace Introduction of New Technology
- AB 32 and Criteria Pollutant Compliance
- Air Resources Board Compliance
- Regulatory Agency Representation
- CEC / CPUC and Cal ISO
- Project Permitting and Entitlement
- Clean Technologies and Marketplace Adoption
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Rate-making and Rate Design
- Energy Policy Development
- Electric Vehicles
- Grants and Loans
- Project Financing and Incentives
- Legislative Advocacy